We spent the evening stuffing the last bits of things that aren’t going on our trip into a storage unit.
Neeley started rhyming, “we won’t have to come back, because we’ll have to unpack.” She’s over-tired from all the moving we’ve been doing.
We both wonder if we’ll be able to figure out why we stored half the stuff we did, instead of just throwing it away.
Matt’s in a full-blown panic. He gave notice at work, we secured a 10×15 foot storage unit, and then realized that we still have a ton of things to do before we are homeless in less than two weeks. I’m pretty sure that we can do it, even if it kills us.
Continue reading Meet Baby
Logistics are being sorted, but no panic. We continue to sell, and throw things out.
Plans change at the last minute and we decide to purchase a car to drive down Baja Mexico to start the trip instead of flying down. This necessitates a immediate requirement to purchase a car capable of the journey. Unfortunately this forces us to focus on things that don’t involve packing/moving.
But we have time, it’s still thirty more days….
Liquidate, liquidate, liquidate!
I’ve become one with craigslist and ebay.
This helps me ignore the logistics of where we are going next.
Neeley gave our landlord sixty days notice today. Let the panic begin.
We started talking about this journey a couple years ago, picking locations, fantasizing about where to go, but not really seeing it as a real thing. Over the past year, it’s turned into something that is closer to real, but always on the horizon, not approaching. That all changed today.
We have a target of two months to get the last of our stuff together so we can begin a long journey, gear decisions, packing, storing, destinations, downsizing, and just a little bit of panic.
I expect the panic to turn to excitement in the near future, I just need to get through the first bit now.